The most talked about Maya Ruin in Central America is Tikal. It has remarkable structures that look like skyscrapers that overshadows the tropical rainforest canopy! Your tour to Tikal leaves Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge early morning, where a tour guide will be with you the entire day, educating you about Tikal and its surroundings. At the border, you will be assisted through all the stamping and fees by your guide. It takes about three hours to arrive at Tikal and return. When you are there, you and your guide will spend three hours experiencing the culture & sites.
Be sure to visit the tallest of the structures which is the Temple of the Two Headed Snake built by King Yaxkin Caan Choc in 470 A.D. Other things to look out for are the sound of howler monkeys echoing nearby and you may even get to see spider monkeys swinging from tree to tree. There’s also toucans, coatimundi and many other animals, dominant in the area. The ruins at Tikal are amazing, it was an important Maya settlement for over 1500 years, starting about 700 BC. During the Classic Period 300 – 900 AD, the city prospered through trade and military conquest when the population peaked at 100,000. When exploring, the structures will seem as if they are rising before you as you explore its surroundings. After you leave the park, you will have the opportunity to pick up souvenirs, before returning to Belize.
Please note that there is an additional Border fee/Departure tax of US$22 per person
From: Sleeping Giant Lodge
Price: $175.00* • Minimum: 4 Persons
Days Offered: Tue , Thu , Sun **
Departs: 5:30 am • Returns: 5:00 pm ***
Please Note: Tour Price Varies Based on Location
Days Offered: Tue , Thu , Sat **
What to bring:
- Long-Sleeved Shirt
- Loose Comfortable Clothing
- Bug Spray/Repellent
- Sneakers/Walking Shoes
- Not Handicapped Accessible
- Not recommended for Pregnant Women
- Not recommended for the Physically Challenged
- Not recommended for persons who have Fear of Heights
- Not recommended for persons with recent Arm/Hand Surgery
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Motion Sickness
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Heart/Respiratory Problems
- Not recommended for persons with Back/Neck Problems or who have had recent Back Surgery
Been on this adventure before?
Tell us about it:
*Passports are needed for this tour!