This adventure begins with a drive up the scenic Hummingbird Highway to the Blue Hole National park. Once there you will be introduced to your guide who will lead your adventure.
After a 20-minute hike through the jungle you come to the entrance of the St Herman’s cave. Enter the exciting world of rivers disappearing into the underworld as you float on inner tubes with only your headlamp to light your way. Enjoy floating past side windows that filter the jungle light through the mist as you swirl around stalagmites jutting from the river and stalactites looming from above.
The cave tour ends around 11:00 am when you will visit the Blue Hole cenote transfer to Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge for lunch. After lunch you will have time to enjoy the facilities at Sleeping Giant including the pool, the Sibun River, the gardens and grounds. Return transfer to Jaguar Reef leaves around 4 pm.
What to bring:
- Waterproof Camera
- Loose Comfortable Clothing
- Change of Clothes
- Bug Spray/Repellent
- Water Shoes
- Not Handicapped Accessible
- DO NOT bring Jewelry
- Not recommended for Pregnant Women
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Motion Sickness
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Heart/Respiratory Problems
- Not recommended for persons with Back/Neck Problems or who have had recent Back Surgery
Been on this adventure before?
Tell us about it: