Journey back in time by thousands of years to the ancient Maya cities of Cahal Pech and Xunantunich (2 hours’ drive away).
To enter Xunantunich, we will cross the Mopan River on one of the last remaining hand cranked ferries in the world. Once across the river, we will take a short walk up to the visitors center and on to the temples where you will have the opportunity to explore the site and climb to the top of ‘El Castillo’ one of the tallest manmade structures in Belize, which offers panoramic views of Belize and Guatemala. Enjoy lunch at one of the local restaurants in the village of Succotz and then on to the more spiritual Cahal Pech in the town of San Ignacio before returning to the resort.
What to bring:
- Loose Comfortable Clothing
- Sneakers/Walking Shoes
- Not Handicapped Accessible
- Not recommended for Pregnant Women
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Heart/Respiratory Problems
- Not recommended for persons with Back/Neck Problems or who have had recent Back Surgery
Been on this adventure before?
Tell us about it: