After a healthy buffet style breakfast at Caves Branch Jungle Lodge, you will embark on a 15 minute drive on our jungle buses to the caves branch river where you will tube along for 100 feet to the entrance of the cave system.
Your underground expedition takes you off the beaten path to explore ancient Mayan ceremonial centers, pottery, artifacts, altars, obsidian blood letting blades, jade and the actual footprints of the Shaman and priests that date back to 400 A.D.
Imagine the experience as you float through an underground cathedral, turning your lights off and floating away into time as your professional guide shares with you the history of the caves and the Mayan world. For lunch your guides will prepare a underground riverside picnic spread complete with picnic blanket, tortillas with cold cuts, juice, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Eating your lunch by headlight, to the sounds of the underground caves while chatting with your fellow adventurers will be an experience you will not soon forget.
What to bring:
- Waterproof Camera
- Hiking Boots/Durable, Well-Threaded Shoes
- Water/Water Bottle
- Not Handicapped Accessible
- DO NOT bring Jewelry
- Not recommended for Pregnant Women
- Not recommended for the Physically Challenged
- Not recommended for persons with recent Arm/Hand Surgery
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Heart/Respiratory Problems
- Not recommended for persons with Back/Neck Problems or who have had recent Back Surgery
Been on this adventure before?
Tell us about it: