If you wanted to do one of the most amazing adventure Belize has to offer on land, Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) is one of them! A 2.5 hour drive, followed by a 45 minute hike through a cool tropical rainforest across three steams brings you to the hourglass-shaped entrance of the cave which is a 10 meter swim in waters of 5 meters depth.
The next 600+ meters inside the caves takes you through a journey of 1 hour and half-filled with many sharp and slippery edges while exploring many calcite formations until your ascent into the sacred chambers of the cave. History shows that this cave was used by the ancient Mayas for religious ceremonies. With over 1500 artifacts still in the cave, ATM is considered a Natural museum. There are Maya skeletal remains, amazing pottery, stalactite and stalagmite formations.
From: Almond Beach Resort, Jaguar Reef Lodge & Villa Margarita
Price: $180.00* • Minimum: 6 Persons
Days Offered: Tue , Wed , Sat **
Departs: 7:15 am • Returns: 4:30 pm ***
Please Note: Tour Price Varies Based on Location
What to bring:
- Loose Comfortable Clothing
- Change of Clothes
- Bug Spray/Repellent
- NO Jewelry
- Water Shoes
- Not Handicapped Accessible
- DO NOT bring Jewelry
- Not recommended for Pregnant Women
- Not recommended for the Physically Challenged
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Heart/Respiratory Problems
- Not recommended for persons with Back/Neck Problems or who have had recent Back Surgery
Been on this adventure before?
Tell us about it: